EASY APPLE CAKE
Apple Cakes originate from Dorset, Devon and Somerset, in England. While this may not be the most traditional type of apple cake coming out of England, this is a super easy, delicious recipe making baking with kids fun!
Easy Cooking For Kids
What you need for preparation and cooking
Stove top, oven, saucepan, mixing bowl, scales, mixing spoon, baking dish/cake tin.
- 40g butter
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 large apples
- 200g soft butter
- 85g milk (we use almond)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 75g brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 250g self raising flour
This recipe has been taken and adapted from the Thermomix Community.
What to do
- Mix the sugar, water and butter in a saucepan until the butter has melted and the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Pour syrup into the base of the cake tin
- Slice apples thinly and lay across the top of the syrup until it is covered.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix.
- Pour and spread batter over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour at 170C.
- Once cooked, allow to sit for 10 minutes, before turning it upside down onto a plate. To do this, put a plate on top of the cake, then carefully flip the cake and plate (as one) over.
- Carefully remove the cake tin.
- Warm with cream or ice-cream as a dessert.
- Allow to cool and enjoy for morning or afternoon tea.
2 thoughts on “EASY APPLE CAKE”
Thank you for sharing this recipe your cake looks delicious.
Our pleasure 🙂 we hope you enjoy it.